Description: This course will prepare the student for their role and responsibility in reassessing risk and reporting the current status throughout the system lifecycle. This step is critical in maintaining an effective security posture and accreditation status. It is part of the RMF course curriculum, which provides training to DOD personnel with assessment and authorization responsibilities to help them prepare the organization to manage its security and privacy risks using the Risk Management Framework.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
- Describe the purpose of the Monitor Step
- Identify policies and guidelines for the Monitor Step in the RMF
- Identify tasks, potential inputs, and expected outputs, roles and responsibilities within the Monitor Step
- Describe the seven tasks and associated inputs, outputs, roles, and responsibilities in the Monitor Step
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 60 minutes
Target Audience: Department of Defense (DOD) information system users and other U.S. government personnel involved with assessment and authorization using the Risk Management Framework.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn a 75 percent grade average on course exams and performance exercises.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: PDUs are determined by length of course and IAW with current Certification Maintenance Guidelines
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.