This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: The "Counterintelligence Awareness and Security Brief" course was developed primarily for employees at cleared defense contractor facilities. This eLearning training enables these employees to complete the training at any time, to fulfill their initial or annual security, counterintelligence, and insider threat awareness training requirement. The emphasis of the training is on awareness of potential threats directed against U.S. technology; it also explains common suspicious activities, including insider threats that should be reported to the Facility Security Officer (FSO) in compliance with NISPOM 1-302. FSOs may use this training in conjunction with their company specific security protocols for duties applicable to the employee’s job, to meet the Security Training and Briefings requirement outlined in NISPOM Chapter 3. The Industrial Security Letter 2016-02, specifically designates this course as an option for meeting the annual Insider Threat Awareness training for cleared industry employees.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
- Identify the role of threat awareness in protecting the National Industrial Base
- Identify foreign collection attempts targeting U.S. critical technologies
- Identify key types of threats and common methods of operation
- Identify information most likely to be targeted by espionage, to include an overview of the security classification system
- Recognize the types of suspicious events and behaviors that should be reported and identify how to report them
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 30 minutes
Target Audience: The target audience for this training is employees working within cleared defense contract facilities that support the defense industrial base, specifically individuals who must comply with the National Industrial Security Program, DOD 5220.22-M.
- General Requirements: Students may complete the course on our Security Awareness Hub or in STEPP. Those who complete this training on the Security Awareness Hub must provide a copy of the training certificate to their individual FSO to ensure they receive credit for completion.
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on the final examination allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 1.5
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.