Description: The Insider Threat Detection Analysis Course (ITDAC) was designed to meet the Minimum Standards for Executive Branch Insider Threat Programs identified by the National Insider Threat Task Force. This course provides entry level Counter-Insider Threat Analysts the ability to apply critical thinking skills and applicable structured analytic techniques to potential insider threat indicators. This course also allows learners to obtain and use holistic data in conjunction with the application of critical pathway theory.
Learning Objectives: This course enables students to:
- Apply Executive Order, DOD, and IC authorities to gather data
- Ensure constitutional and privacy rights are maintained during data collection
- Demonstrate the appropriate process for conducting and reporting response actions from intake of a initial potential threat to mitigation of the threat
- Apply proper requirements for reporting mandated counterintelligence and criminal information to the appropriate agency/office.
Delivery Method: Virtual Instructor-led Training (VILT)
Length: Five days
Target Audience: Federal Government employees (both military and civilian) and state employees of the National Guard. Contractors who directly support Federal Government insider threat employees can attend this course with the permission of their Government lead and Contracting Officer Representative. Contractors on Federal Contracts such as weapons procurement contracts cannot attend. The contract must be in support of a Government organization's insider threat program. Much of the content in this course does not apply to a private company’s operations.
Priority placement is for personnel who are assigned to insider threat programs or directly support insider threat programs, e.g., cybersecurity personnel or law enforcement liaison officers and others assigned to directly support a counter-insider threat hub. Other personnel from stakeholder positions such as human resources, law enforcement, counterintelligence, cybersecurity, behavioral sciences, and legal can attend on a space-available basis.
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: Full-time attendance.
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn an 80 percent grade on course exam.
Prerequisites: Successful completion of Insider Threat Program Operations Personnel Curriculum INT311.CU or Insider Threat Program Management Personnel Curriculum INT312.CU
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.