Registration Still Open for Fall 2021 Semester of CDSE Education Courses
CDSE invites you to participate in both our June webinars:
The fall classes will run from August 23 to December 17, 2021. The courses are 100% virtual instructor-led. They are designed to enhance critical thinking and prepare future security leaders with the knowledge and principles needed to be successful within the DOD.
To register, log into STEPP. Learn more about the classes and register for them.
Below are some courses to check out:
- ED 502 Organizational Considerations in Applying Security within the Federal and DOD Bureaucracy. This course addresses how security professionals can support military operations and DOD programs most effectively.
- ED 504 Understanding Adversaries and Threats to the United States and the DOD. (Security clearance waived for fall 2021 semester) This course specifically addresses the intentions and capabilities of the three to five most significant adversaries to the United States and to DOD.
- ED 508 Research Methods, Data Analysis, and Reporting to Support DOD Security Programs. This course will help prepare the senior security manager to demonstrate clarity in the strategic interpretation of empirical vs. notional-based recommendations in order to justify resources, critically evaluate feasibility of research proposals, and demonstrate program performance.
- ED 601 Statutory, Legal, and Regulatory Basis of DOD Security Programs. This course presents the specific statutes, regulations, and Executive Orders driving the establishment and implementation of DOD and federal security programs.
If you have any questions, or need additional information, contact the CDSE Education Division.
June Pulse: CDSE Security Awareness Newsletter
We recently released the CDSE Pulse, a monthly security awareness newsletter that features topics of interest to the security community. The June newsletter focused on Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI). Check out all the newsletters in the CDSE Electronic Library or subscribe/update your current subscription to get the newsletter sent directly to your inbox by submitting your email address to CDSE News!
New CDSE Case Study
CDSE Insider Threat recently released a new case study:
- Deepanshu Kasaba Kher. This cyber intrusion/sabotage case study outlines Kher’s crimes, sentence, the impact, and the potential risk indicators that, if identified, could have mitigated harm.
All of CDSE’s case studies can easily be included in an organization’s security education, training, and awareness programs. They are suitable for printing or easy placement in a company or command newsletter, email, or training bulletin. Access our newest case studies.
Register Now For July Webinars
CDSE invites you to participate in all our upcoming webinars:
- NATO Control Point
Thursday, July 8, 2021
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. ET
- Overview of Personnel Vetting Methodology
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. ET
- The Modernized Self-Inspection Handbook
Thursday, July 22, 2021
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. ET
- Organizational Culture and Countering Insider Threats: Best Practice Examples from the U.S. Marine Corps
Thursday, July 29, 2021
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. ET
Visit CDSE Webinars today to sign up for all four events and join the discussion!
NITAM Cultural Awareness Video Competition
DCSA and its partners in the Counter-Insider Threat community would like to hear about your organization's daily actions to create a positive workplace culture. To participate, create an original video clip (between 30 - 45 seconds long) relevant to Cultural Awareness or any of the sub-themes: Toxic Workplaces, Leadership and Top-Down Culture, Microaggressions in the Workplace, and Work-Life Stressors. Competition winners will receive recognition during the Annual Virtual Insider Threat Conference. The submission deadline is July 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Connect with CDSE on Twitter (@TheCDSE ) and on Facebook (www.facebook.com/TheCDSE ).