Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I use the virtual environment?
- Why doesn't STEPP recognize the course I took as complete?
- What do I do if I get "kicked out" of Internet Explorer or if I get a popup window with a little red "x" in it?
- My screen is frozen on, "Rebooting virtual. Please wait."
- Why does the virtual machine need access on port 8080?
- The virtual machines for the practical exercises aren't loading.
- I can't access the virtual part of the training.
- STEPP is requesting I run ActiveX control.
- What do I do if I receive a warning about this website's security certificate?
- The classroom becomes unresponsive when navigating through a lesson.
- How do I get a 3D plugin/web player?
I can't access the virtual part of the training.
Virtualization errors are 8080 port issues, which basically means access to the course is blocked by the user's firewall. We recommend contacting your IT group to gain access through the wall to access the virtualized courses or attempting the course from your home computer. To test if you can access the virtual server, go to https://18.104.22.168 .
If you have confirmed that port 8080 is open and the Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) is installed on your machine and you are still having problems, running a trace route is the next best thing. If the route stops before 22.214.171.124, then the issue still resides on your network.