Frequently Asked Questions
- When I submit the answers to my exam, the submission process freezes or stops working.
- Can I stop in the middle of an online exam and return later to finish it?
- I don't see a score for the online exam I just took.
- I have completed a course and am trying to launch the exam but I keep getting an error message that I have not met the prerequisites.
- What should I do if the exam scored my answer incorrectly?
- I have exceeded the number of times allowed to take the exam for a particular course. I retook the course but the system will not allow me to reregister for the test.
- Why can't I register for a particular exam?
- I am having difficulty accessing an exam.
- I attempt to launch an exam and receive an "Access denied – unable to proceed due to improper call of perception".
- I attempt to launch an exam and receive a "Perception Server error – cannot process your request at present".
Why can't I register for a particular exam?
If blocked for registration, be sure to click on the Show Details link (on the same page) for further information.
Reasons you may be unable to register for an exam:
- A prerequisite course has not been completed.
- The number of allowed attempts for that activity has been reached.
- An attempt is considered a passed, failed or cancelled status of the exam. Once blocked you will require an administrator to register you.
- If blocked after a recent course completion, please allow one business day for a STEPP Administrator to register you. If more than one business day has elapsed since your blocked registration please contact the Registrar's office for an exam reset.