Frequently Asked Questions
STEPP Technical Issues/Error Messages
- I hear audio but don't see course content.
- What do I do if a page/screen within a course appears blank?
- What do I do if Internet Explorer cannot display the STEPP website?
- What do I do if, when trying to launch a PDF, the message 'page cannot be displayed' appears on my screen?
- My screen says, "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page."
- My screen says, "Alternate Content."
- Why can't I launch a course?
- Why isn't the website displayed/working correctly?
- What do I do if I get "kicked out" of Internet Explorer or if I get a popup window with a little red "x" in it?
- What do I do if I receive a certificate error message?
- What do I do if I get a blank page?
- What do I do if I get a loading error message?
- What do I do if my course is still "In-Progress" and won't complete?
What do I do if my course is still "In-Progress" and won't complete?
Launch the "In-Progress" course again and ensure you visited all screens within the course, including every sub-screen and potential link within each screen, until you reach the conclusion slide.
Select the by selecting "Exit," "Close," "Log Out," or "X" inside the window on the final slide of the course. DO NOT use the RED "X" in the upper-right hand corner. Exiting courses improperly will render your status "In-Progress."
If none of these solutions work, contact the Registrar's Office for assistance. They will assist with closing the course and ensuring you receive credit in STEPP.