Frequently Asked Questions
Testing & Assessments
- What is Pearson VUE?
- When can I start taking a SPēD Certification assessment at a commercial testing facility?
- It's been more than 15 days. Why haven't I been approved to test yet?
- My Request for Authorization to Test form was approved. Now what?
- It looks as though my form was rejected, what does that mean?
- It looks as though my request to test was denied, what does that mean?
- How do I prepare for an assessment?
- Are there any test-taking tips I should employ?
- How do I cancel or reschedule my assessment?
- How do I find out the result of my assessment?
- What is a "cut score"?
- Does CDSE in Linthicum still deliver assessments?
- Will there still be large-scale public testing events at security conferences?
Are there any test-taking tips I should employ?
- Do what is needed to feel comfortable and relaxed before the test. Check out the location in advance, get enough rest, eat a good meal, etc.
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before the scheduled test time.
- Trust first impressions; do not overanalyze questions.
- If uncertain about a question, return to it later; if you are still uncertain, make an educated guess. You are not penalized for guessing.
- Do not look for answer patterns.
- Do not select an answer based on length.
- Do not rush. Consider each choice before selecting the best one.
- Use your time well. Extra points are not awarded for finishing early.