Frequently Asked Questions
Testing & Assessments
- What is Pearson VUE?
- When can I start taking a SPēD Certification assessment at a commercial testing facility?
- It's been more than 15 days. Why haven't I been approved to test yet?
- My Request for Authorization to Test form was approved. Now what?
- It looks as though my form was rejected, what does that mean?
- It looks as though my request to test was denied, what does that mean?
- How do I prepare for an assessment?
- Are there any test-taking tips I should employ?
- How do I cancel or reschedule my assessment?
- How do I find out the result of my assessment?
- What is a "cut score"?
- Does CDSE in Linthicum still deliver assessments?
- Will there still be large-scale public testing events at security conferences?
How do I cancel or reschedule my assessment?
To cancel or reschedule an assessment, sign in to your Pearson VUE testing account. At your homepage, click on the appointment you wish to cancel or reschedule and follow the system prompts. You may also call Pearson VUE at 1-888-477-0284 to cancel or reschedule.
If you cancel less than 24 hours before your appointment or do not appear at your scheduled time, you will be required to wait 90 days before resubmitting a request for authorization to test.
Please note, cancellations or rescheduling cannot be made through the test center, your DoD Component SPeD PMO, or the DSS SPeD Certification Branch. All changes must be made through Pearson VUE.