Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get started in the SPēD Certification Program?
- I have indicated I am interested in participating in the SPēD Certification Program and waited 48 hours, but I still haven't received an email. What do I do?
- Where can I find a test site?
- What if I have a registration question?
- I checked that I am interested in participating in the SPēD Certification Program, but I changed my mind. What do I do?
- What do I do if I receive a prompt asking me to click to run an ActiveX control on this webpage?
- Why isn't the website displayed/working correctly?
How do I get started in the SPēD Certification Program?
Notify your supervisor and DoD Component SPēD PMO of your intent to participate in the SPēD Certification Program. After receiving approval:
- Create or update your STEPP account.
- Select the Profile link in STEPP located on the top-right navigation bar.
- Check the box indicating your desire to participate in the SPēD Certification Program.
- You will receive an email from SPēDCERT 24 to 48 hours after checking the box. Select the "My SPēD Certification" link in this email.
- Verify your account information.
- Request authorization to test by going to "Complete a Form."
- Select the desired certification.
- Log in to your My SPēD Certification account and click on the "Schedule Exam" link on the left navigation to schedule your assessment. (Alternatively, you may contact Pearson Customer Support at 888-477-0284 to schedule your assessment.)
- Select a date, time, and test center most convenient for you.