Description: This course provides introductory training for individuals responsible for carrying out suitability adjudications within the DOD. The course introduces the purpose of suitability adjudications and outlines the regulations, processes, and guidelines that apply. It provides instruction on the basic phases of suitability and the responsibilities of OPM and the agency or component during each of these phases.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: The student will learn to identify the suitability factors and considerations used to make adjudicative determinations. To include the key steps, elements, along with legal and regulatory foundations of the suitability process.
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 2.5 hours
Target Audience: DOD personnel with a responsibility for suitability case review and adjudication as defined by Title 5 CFR Part 731
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on the final exam allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 7.5
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.