Description: This course provides an overview of the DD Form 254, Contract Security Classification Specification, and assists the user with the form’s purpose and preparation in accordance with applicable Federal Acquisition Regulation clauses and the DD Form 254 instructions. Strategies for gathering DD 254 required information are also provided.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify Department of Defense and Federal requirements governing the DD Form 254
- Demonstrate knowledge of all sections of the DD Form 254
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 1 hour
Target Audience: This course is intended for employees of Government Agencies, DOD Industrial Security Specialists, Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) Industrial Security Representatives (IS Reps), and Contracting and Acquisitions personnel located at cleared DOD contractor facilities participating in the NISP and industry personnel who participate on Government contracts requiring their employees to understand and comply with government requirements that pertain to accessing and safeguarding classified information and facilities.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Passing score of 75% on exam at the end of the course in order to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 3
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.