Description: This course provides students with a high level overview of personnel security clearances, facility clearances and Foreign Ownership, Control, or Influence (FOCI).
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify the purpose of facility and personnel security clearances
- Identify the five elements of a facility clearance
- Identify how facility and personnel security clearances are related
- Identify the effect of FOCI on a facility’s security clearance
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 1 hour
Target Audience: DOD Security Specialists with Industrial Security responsibilities, DCSA Industrial Security Representatives (IS Reps), and DCSA Industrial Security Headquarters Personnel.
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Passing score of 75% on exam at the end of the course in order to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): In association with IS050.CU
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 0
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.