Description: Employees are an organization’s first line of defense against threats to the mission or to the safety of the workforce. In order to motivate employees to actively participate in security and safety initiatives, organizational leaders must create an environment in which personnel trust leadership to be fair, honest, and transparent. In response to a tasking from the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence (OUSD[I]), the Defense Personnel and Security Research Center (PERSEREC) reviewed business, psychology, and communication literature to identify best practices for building and maintaining organizational trust. This guide is the result of that effort.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: At the end of this course, students will have a broad understanding of best practices for building and maintaining organization trust as it pertains to security and safety initiatives.
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 60 minutes
Target Audience: This course is designed for DOD, industry, and federal agency personnel tasked to enact insider threat detection, deterrence, and mitigation procedures. This includes designated professional capability support personnel.
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on the final exam allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- Maximizing Organizational Trust Student Guide
- Executive Order 13467
- Executive Order 12968
- Executive Order 10450
- Executive Order 13587
- DOD Directive 5205.16
- DOD Instruction 2000.12
- DOD Instruction 5200.02
- DOD Directive 5240.26
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: PDUs are determined by length of course and IAW with current Certification Maintenance Guidelines
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.