Description: This course provides a thorough understanding of how Insider Threat Awareness is an essential component of a comprehensive security program. With a theme of "if you see something, say something," the course promotes the reporting of suspicious activities observed within the place of duty. Using a few case study scenarios, the course teaches the common indicators which highlight actions and behaviors that can signify an insider threat. The instruction promotes a proactive approach to reporting the suspicious activities.
This course begins with a short test of the learner’s awareness and application of basic Insider Threat Awareness skills. Learners who successfully complete this test are not required to complete the course content and can proceed to print a Certificate of Completion.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: At the end of this course, students will:
- Recognize suspicious behavior and activity associated with the insider threat
- Identify reporting requirements
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 60 minutes
Target Audience: Military, civilian, and industry employees with access to classified information
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on the final examination allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): In association with CI201.CU
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: PDUs are determined by length of course and IAW with current Certification Maintenance Guidelines
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.