Description: This course provides the requirements and methods for marking special categories of classified information. Lessons address general marking requirements, marking special types, and categories of materials and information.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify Federal and Department of Defense (DoD) policies related to marking classified documents
- Identify marking requirements for special types of documents and materials, such as electronically transmitted messages, websites, and letters of transmittal
- Identify marking requirements for special categories of information and from sources external to the DoD
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 1 hour
Target Audience: DoD military, civilian, and contractor personnel who generate and mark classified information and materials.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75 percent on the final exam allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 6
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.