Description: This course serves as an introduction to all DOD personnel who make foreign disclosure determinations, or are involved in the process. After successfully completing this course, students will gain a standard level of knowledge and understanding of DOD foreign disclosure policies and processes.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to:
- Identify and define the categories of Classified Military Information (CMI)
- Identify the policies that govern foreign disclosure
- Identify the information protection principles related to disclosing and releasing CMI
- Identify disclosure criteria, limitations, and requirements
- Identify the various means of foreign disclosure of CMI
- Identify fundamental foreign disclosure process determinations
- Apply the steps used to adjudicate a disclosure request
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 2.5 Hours
Target Audience: DOD professionals involved in the foreign disclosure process, particularly those who will be making disclosure determinations. This includes, but is not limited to, security personnel, acquisition personnel, intelligence professionals, program managers, and active duty military personnel.
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75 percent on the final exam allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): 0
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: 7.5
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.