Description: This web-based course provides OPSEC awareness for military members, government employees, and contractors. The course provides information on the basic need to protect unclassified information about operations and personal information to ensure safe and successful operations and personal safety.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: After completing this training students will be able to:
- Define Operations Security (OPSEC)
- Identify critical information
- Describe the five-step OPSEC Process
- Recognize indicators and how they may lead an adversary to discover classified and unclassified critical information
- Apply appropriate countermeasures to protect critical information
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 25 minutes
Target Audience: The target audience for this training includes the following:
- Members of the United States military services
- Civilian employees of the Department of Defense (DOD)
- DOD Contractor employees
- Other employees of the U.S. government
- Others affiliated with the U.S. Government
Clearance Requirements: None
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn a passing score of 75 percent on the end of the course knowledge check to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): In association with GS101.01
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: PDUs are determined by length of course and IAW with current Certification Maintenance Guidelines
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.