Description: The course will begin with an introduction of cybersecurity in the DOD and the role of the security professional in protecting information in the cyber environment. It will provide an overview of the specific IT issues/tasks for the security manager and focus on the underlying knowledge of information systems and their security that security professionals must understand to successfully perform those tasks.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify the role of the security professional in DOD cybersecurity
- Recognize the importance of risk management in cybersecurity
- Explain the threat to and vulnerabilities of information systems (IS)
- Define appropriate security countermeasures to manage the threat and minimize vulnerabilities
- Identify required physical, personnel, and procedural security for IS
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 2 hours
Target Audience: Department of Defense (DOD) Security Specialists and other security personnel who have cybersecurity-related responsibility for protecting government information systems
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on the final exam allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.