Description: This course identifies policies and regulations that govern the Department of Defense (DOD) RMF process, and defines DOD Information Technology and the categories of DOD information affected by the RMF. In addition, it provides an understanding of the Seven-Step Implementation process of RMF and the RMF’s applicability to the DOD Acquisition Process.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify policies and regulations that govern the DOD RMF process
- Define DOD Information Technology and the categories of DOD information affected by the RMF
- Understand the Seven-Step Implementation process of RMF
- Understand RMF’s applicability to the DOD Acquisition Process
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 30 minutes
Target Audience: DOD military, civilian, and contractor personnel who are responsible for evaluating information systems under the RMF and certifying to the Government that information systems meet security requirements.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on the final examination (CS124.06) allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: PDUs are determined by length of course and IAW with current Certification Maintenance Guidelines
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.