Description: This course covers the procedures for assessing security controls to ensure they are implemented correctly, operate as intended, and successfully meet the security requirements for the information system. Students will learn how to create a security assessment plan and remediate any remaining deficiencies. Assess Step is part of the RMF course curriculum, which provides training to DOD personnel with assessment and authorization responsibilities to help them prepare the organization to manage its security and privacy risks using the Risk Management Framework.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
- Define the purpose of the Assess Step
- Identify policies and guidelines for the Assess Step
- Identify the six tasks and associated inputs, outputs, roles and responsibilities in the Assess Step
- List the six tasks and associated inputs, outputs, roles and responsibilities in the Assess Step
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 45 minutes
Target Audience: Department of Defense (DOD) information system users and other U.S. government personnel involved with assessment and authorization using the Risk Management Framework.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn a 75 percent grade average on course exams and performance exercises.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: PDUs are determined by length of course and IAW with current Certification Maintenance Guidelines
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.