Description: This course provides training on determining and applying the appropriate security requirements for an information system prior to registration. The course also discusses the roles and responsibilities related to system categorization and security plan preparation. Categorize Step is part of the RMF course curriculum, which provides training to DOD personnel with assessment and authorization responsibilities to help them prepare the organization to manage its security and privacy risks using the Risk Management Framework.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
- Define the Categorize Step
- Identify policies and guidelines for the Categorize Step
- Identify the three tasks and associated inputs, outputs, roles, and responsibilities in the Categorize Step
- List the three tasks and associated inputs, outputs, roles, and responsibilities in the Categorize Step
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 40 minutes
Target Audience: Department of Defense (DOD) information system users and other U.S. Government personnel involved with assessment and authorization using the Risk Management Framework.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn a 75 percent grade average on course exams and performance exercises.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: PDUs are determined by length of course and IAW with current Certification Maintenance Guidelines
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.