Description: This course provides training to DOD personnel with assessment and authorization responsibilities to help them prepare the organization to manage its security and privacy risks using the Risk Management Framework.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: Upon completing the course, students will be able to:
- Define Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Describe the purpose of the Prepare Step in the RMF
- Identify policies and guidelines for the Prepare Step in the RMF
- Identify tasks and outcomes within the Prepare Step
- Describe organization-level tasks in the Prepare Step
- Describe system-level tasks in the Prepare Step
- Identify roles and responsibilities in the Prepare Step
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 60 minutes
Target Audience: The target audience for the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Prepare Step course are Department of Defense (DOD) information system users and other U.S. Government personnel involved with assessment and authorization using the Risk Management Framework.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn a 75 percent grade on the course exam.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: PDUs are determined by length of course and IAW with current Certification Maintenance Guidelines
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs): N/A
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.