Description: The Special Access Program Personnel Security Official (SPO) eLearning course provides DOD military, civilian, and DOD contractors who perform the duties of a SPO the knowledge required to engage in the Special Access Program (SAP) Nomination process as outlined in DODM 5205.07 Volume 2, Personnel Security. Topics include:
- Course Introduction
- Nomination Process Roles and Responsibilities
- Nomination Process and Requirements
- Nomination Package Documentation
- Common Issues with Templates
- Course Conclusion
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course enables students to:
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the individuals involved in the SAP nomination process.
- List the procedures involved in the SAP nomination process.
- Describe the documentation that may be included in a Nomination Package.
- Identify common issues encountered when working with Pre-Screening Questionnaire (PSQ) templates.
- Describe the major administrative actions required in the SAP nomination process.
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 1.5 hours
Target Audience: DOD civilian and military personnel as well as industry contractors responsible for or involved in SAPs and the efforts to safeguard and protect SAP assets. This course is intended for individuals who perform duties related to the SAP Nomination Process (i.e., SPO).
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 80% on the final exam allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPēD: PDUs are determined by length of course and IAW with current Certification Maintenance Guidelines
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.