Upcoming Education Classes, Information Security Class, and CI Webinar
September 21, 2015
Register Now For Upcoming CDSE Tuition Free Education Classes!
A New Semester Starts January 4, 2016!
Take charge of your career and join other security professionals throughout the U.S military and Federal Government who are taking advantage of CDSE's curriculum of semester long, advanced and graduate courses. These courses are designed to prepare DoD security professionals for leadership positions and responsibilities. We have opened registration for the Spring 2016 semester that runs from January 4, 2016 to April 22, 2016. These classes fill quickly, so register now.
These courses will enhance your analytical thinking and problem solving skills. In addition, they will help you gain critical knowledge about principle concepts and facts that anyone who wants to be a future leader within DoD should know. The courses include reading, researching, and writing assignments similar to a three credit, collegiate-level course. A significant time commitment is required but the commitment will pay off. The courses are online, tuition free, and allow students the flexibility to collaborate with each other and Subject Matter Expert Instructors when they want. All of the courses have received college credit recommendations from the American Council on Education College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT)
You can learn more about these classes and register for them using the links below:
- Writing and Communication Skills for Security Professionals (CDSE ED201)
- Security as an Integral Part of DoD Programs (CDSE ED501)
- Constitutional Law and its Application to DoD Security (CDSE ED503)
- Understanding Adversaries and Threats to the United States and to DoD (CDSE ED504)
- Budgeting and Financial Management for Security Programs (CDSE ED505)
- Managing a DoD Installation Security Program (CDSE ED507)
- Assessment and Evaluation of DoD Security Programs (CDSE ED509)
- The Future of security Systems and Information Assurance (CDSE ED510)
- Leadership in DoD Security (CDSE ED511)
- Effective Communication in DoD Security (CDSE ED512)
- Security in the DoD Acquisition Process (CDSE ED513)
- Cybersecurity and Oversight of Information System Security (CDSE ED514)
- Risk Management Project and Advanced Studies (CDSE ED603)
Register Now For Upcoming Information Security Class
Seats are available for the following Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) class:
"Information Security Management," January 11 - 14, 2015 (Linthicum, MD):
Description: This course is administered in two phases. Phase I is an eLearning course (Information Security Management Curriculum IF020.CU) and Phase II is the instructor-led course. This mid-level course helps provide the student with a comprehensive understanding of policies and procedures of the Department of Defense (DoD) Information Security Program (ISP). The intent of this course is to provide knowledge and skills for students to effectively implement and/or oversee DoD ISP policies and guidance.
Sign Up For Upcoming Counterintelligence Webinar - September 24
The Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) invites you to participate in our Counterintelligence "Counter-Proliferations" webinar. CDSE webinars address topics and issues of interest to defense security personnel. Sign up for the webinar you are interested in to receive access information. Additional information about CDSE webinars is also available at this site. Access instructions will be sent via the registration confirmation email.
Thursday, August 24, 2015
This webinar focuses on how security practitioners support counter-proliferation activities. Topics of discussion include compliance with regulation and policy; the impact on national security, U.S. economic, and military capability; and suspicious contact reporting.
Connect with CDSE on Twitter @TheCDSE and on Facebook www.facebook.com/TheCDSE.