Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I use the virtual environment?
- Why doesn't STEPP recognize the course I took as complete?
- What do I do if I get "kicked out" of Internet Explorer or if I get a popup window with a little red "x" in it?
- My screen is frozen on, "Rebooting virtual. Please wait."
- Why does the virtual machine need access on port 8080?
- The virtual machines for the practical exercises aren't loading.
- I can't access the virtual part of the training.
- STEPP is requesting I run ActiveX control.
- What do I do if I receive a warning about this website's security certificate?
- The classroom becomes unresponsive when navigating through a lesson.
- How do I get a 3D plugin/web player?
The classroom becomes unresponsive when navigating through a lesson.
SOLUTION #1: Refresh your page by hitting F5 or by selecting
the Refresh button on your browser.
Older browsers may return the user to the homepage, so you may need to navigate back to your content by selecting Course List under Lesson Options in the left navigation area. You can also try selecting Bookmark under Classroom Tools.
SOLUTION #2: Log out and log back in.
Classrooms will timeout after 120 minutes if the user is idle. If you are approaching the timeout, you will receive an alert within the content area of the classroom. Select OK and navigate to a different page to reset the timer.