Frequently Asked Questions
STEPP & My SPēD Certification
What is My SPēD Certification and why do I need this account?
Your My SPēD Certification account is your gateway to SPēD Certification testing and managing your SPēD Certification(s) (except the Adjudicator Professional Certification and Due Process Adjudicator Professional Credential (APC/DPAPC)). You must maintain an active, up-to-date account to register or maintain your SPēD certification(s). Please go to the following link after activating your My SPēD Certification account through STEPP.
What is the My SPēD Certification website address?
The My SPēD Certification login page is https://i7lp.integral7.com/dss.
Do I still have to maintain my DSS STEPP account?
Yes, you must maintain your STEPP account. STEPP is the system of record for the SPēD Certification Program.
If I update my STEPP account, is my My SPēD Certification account updated (and vice versa)?
Demographic information can only be modified in STEPP. In turn, STEPP will transfer this information automatically to your My SPēD Certification account. This process normally takes 48 hours.
Some of the information on My SPēD Certification account is incorrect. What do I do?
After activating your account, verify the information transferred to My SPēD Certification from your STEPP account. If this information is incorrect, simply log into your STEPP account and correct the errors. The database will automatically transfer any corrections you make in your STEPP account to your My SPēD Certification account within 48 hours.
It's been more than 72 hours since I updated my information in STEPP, and the updates haven't transferred to My SPēD Certification. What do I do?
Log in to your STEPP account and re-save your information. If after 72 hours your information is still not updated in your My SPēD Certification account, please contact email@example.com.
What if I forget my password in STEPP?
- From the STEPP Log On screen, select the "Forgot your password?" link.
- Type your STEPP username and email address on the Forgotten Password Assistance Screen, then click Submit.
- A new password will be sent to your email account of record.
- From the STEPP Log On screen, type your username and the password provided in the email. (We recommend copying and pasting the new password from your email.) You will have three attempts to type the password correctly. If you lock yourself out (disable your account), please call the Call Center at 1-888-282-7682 or firstname.lastname@example.org to re-enable your account. The DoD Security Services Call Center is available Monday through Friday from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern, and is closed on weekends and all federal holidays.
- Once logged in, you must change your password; use the password sent in the email as the "old" password, then provide a new password of your choice and re-type it to confirm. Click OK.
- The Change Password screen will display when your password has been changed successfully. To access STEPP, click "You have successfully changed your password. Click here to continue."
Who do I contact for help with my STEPP username and password?
Please contact the Call Center at 1-888-282-7682 or email@example.com.
Who do I contact to reset my My SPēD Certification account password?
Please use the automated account reset feature on the Login Page on your My SPēD Certification account. If your email address has changed, please log in to STEPP and change your account information first.
If you still need assistance, please call Pearson Customer Support at 888-477-0284.
What do I do if my STEPP account is disabled and needs to be reset?
Contact the Call Center at 1-888-282-7682 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I changed my password but can't log in with it?
For STEPP: Use the "Forgot your password?" link.
For My SPēD Certification: Your account may need to be reset. Contact the Pearson's Customer Support at 888-477-0284.
I'm trying to access My SPēD Certification, but the screen says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." What do I do?
- In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced.
- Under Security, check the TLS 1.0 security setting checkbox.
- Close and relaunch your browser.
If this does not solve your issue, try the following:
- Select the Start menu.
- Select Run.
- Type "cmd" and hit OK.
- In the black box that appears, type "ipconfig /flushdns" (space between "ipconfig" and "/"), then hit Enter. It is successful if it says "Successfully Flushed the DNS Resolver Cache."
If you continue experiencing technical difficulties, or if you still need assistance, contact your IT support.
Why can't I get past the My SPēD Certification login screen once I've entered my login and password?
Please contact the Pearson's Customer Support at 888-477-0284.
How do I find my personal information on My SPēD Certification?
Once you log into My SPēD Certification, select "Personal Information" from the left-hand column.