Frequently Asked Questions
STEPP & My SPēD Certification
- What is My SPēD Certification and why do I need this account?
- What is the My SPēD Certification website address?
- Do I still have to maintain my DSS STEPP account?
- If I update my STEPP account, is my My SPēD Certification account updated (and vice versa)?
- Some of the information on My SPēD Certification account is incorrect. What do I do?
- It's been more than 72 hours since I updated my information in STEPP, and the updates haven't transferred to My SPēD Certification. What do I do?
- What if I forget my password in STEPP?
- Who do I contact for help with my STEPP username and password?
- Who do I contact to reset my My SPēD Certification account password?
- What do I do if my STEPP account is disabled and needs to be reset?
- What if I changed my password but can't log in with it?
- I'm trying to access My SPēD Certification, but the screen says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." What do I do?
- Why can't I get past the My SPēD Certification login screen once I've entered my login and password?
- How do I find my personal information on My SPēD Certification?
What is My SPēD Certification and why do I need this account?
Your My SPēD Certification account is your gateway to SPēD Certification testing and managing your SPēD Certification(s) (except the Adjudicator Professional Certification and Due Process Adjudicator Professional Credential (APC/DPAPC)). You must maintain an active, up-to-date account to register or maintain your SPēD certification(s). Please go to the following link after activating your My SPēD Certification account through STEPP.