This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam (PY103.06) separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course provides a thorough understanding of the physical security measures available for implementing the protection of Department of Defense (DoD) assets. The course defines the use and purpose of each measure. Topics covered include, but are not limited to, security in-depth, intrusion detection systems, fencing, guard forces, and closed circuit television.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Outcomes: Students shall demonstrate comprehension of the physical security measures available for implementation in the protection of DoD assets as well as theuses for and purposes of each type of physical security measure.
Length: 2 hours
Target Audience: DoD civilian and military employees as well as Defense contractors involved in or charged with physical security responsibilities
Number of Student per Course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing grade of 75% on the final exam (PY103.06) allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) In association with GS101.01, GS101.10, and PY201.01
- Continuing Education Units per IACET: 0
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: 7.50
Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.