This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course provides an overview of the DoD Personnel Security Program and introduces several key concepts covered in the instructor-led DoD Personnel Security Adjudications PS101.01 course. This course also serves as prerequisite training for individuals approved to attend the DoD Personnel Security Adjudications PS101.01 resident course.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Outcomes: This course will enable students to:
- Identify the purpose of the Personnel Security Program
- Recognize the legal and regulatory framework of the Personnel Security Program
- Identify the types of Personnel Security Investigations and their uses in support of the Personnel Security Program
- Identify the Consolidated Adjudicators Facility responsibilities
- Apply the adjudicative guidelines to scenarios that present concerns and mitigating or disqualifying conditions
- Recognize those aspects of the Continuous Evaluation Program that
affect adjudicator responsibilities
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 3 hours
Target Audience: DoD civilian, military, and contractor personnel performing personnel security adjudication and/or personnel security management.
Number of Students per Course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on the final exam (PS001.08) allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation (What's this?): N/A
- Continuing Education Units Per IACET:
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: 9.00
Additional System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.