This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course examines the requirements and methods for transmitting or transporting classified information and other classified material in accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) Information Security Program requirements. Lessons explain policy, documentation, preparation, dissemination requirements for specific types of information, and authorized transmission and transportation methods.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Outcomes: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify the policy documents that govern transmission and transportation of classified information
- Based on classification level, identify the authorized methods for transmission and transportation of classified information
- Identify the dissemination requirements for special types of information
- Identify the procedures to escort or handcarry classified information
- Identify the procedures to prepare classified information for transmission and transportation
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 2 hours
Target Audience: DoD civilian and military personnel who prepare classified Information and materials for transmission and transportation
Number of Students per Course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn a passing score of 75 percent on the final exam (IF107.06) to print a certificate of successful completion.
Prerequisites: N/ACredits Recommended/Earned:
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): In association with IF201.01, GS101.01, and GS101.10
- Continuing Education Units (CEU) Per IACET: 0
- Professional Development Units (PDU) per SPēD: 6
Additional System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.