- About Us
- Courses by Discipline
- - Counterintelligence
- - Cybersecurity
- - General Security
- - Industrial Security
- - Information Security
- - International Security
- - Operations Security
- - Personnel Security
- - Physical Security
- - Sensitive Compartmented Info
- - Special Access Programs
- Courses by Delivery
- - Instructor-led
- - eLearning
- - Virtual Instructor-led
- - Curricula
- - Shorts
- - Webinars
- Resources & Job Aids
- Request Services
- Contact CDSE
Derivative Classification IF103.16
This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course explains how to derivatively classify national security information from a classification management perspective. The course discusses the responsibilities associated with derivatively classifying information; describes the process and methods for derivatively classifying information; identifies authorized sources to use when derivatively classifying information and explains how to apply authorized sources, through derivatively classifying information based on the concepts of "contained in," "revealed by," and compilation.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Outcomes: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify responsibilities associated with derivatively classifying information
- Identify processes and methods for derivatively classifying information
- Identify authorized sources to use when derivatively classifying information
- Apply authorized sources to derivatively classify information based on the concepts of “contained in,” “revealed by,” and compilation
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 2 hours
Target Audience: DoD military, civilian and contractor personnel who are responsible for derivatively classifying national security information.
Number of students per class: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75 percent on the final exam (IF103.06) allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): 0
- Continuing Education Units (CEU) Per IACET: 0
- Professional Development Units (PDU) per SPēD: 6
Additional System Requirements: N/A
Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.