This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course provides the policy guidance for and purpose of original classification. The course defines original classification, identifies Original Classification Authority requirements and qualifications, reviews the six steps of the original classification decision process, discusses original classification limitations and prohibitions, explains the basis for determining classification levels and duration, and lists the authorized means for providing classification guidance.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Outcomes: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Define original classification
- Identify OCA requirements and qualifications
- Identify the six steps in the original classification decision process
- Identify limitations and prohibitions on original classification
- Identify the basis for determining classification levels
- Identify the process for determining duration of classification
- Identify authorized sources of classification guidance
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 1 1/2 hours
Target Audience: DoD military and civilian personnel who propose, prepare, develop or facilitate original classification decisions
Number of students per course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75 percent on the final exam (IF102.06) allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): In association with IF201.01, GS101.01, and GS101.10
- Continuing Education Units (CEU) Per IACET: 0
- Professional Development Units (PDU) per SPēD: 4.5
Additional System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.