Security Classification Guidance IF101.16
This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course helps provide Original Classification Authorities (OCAs) and derivative classifiers with the requisite knowledge for developing and employing security classification and declassification guidance. This course identifies U.S. Government and Department of Defense (DoD) policies applicable for developing classification guidance, explains the classification determination process, outlines the process for security classification guides and other types of classification guidance, and describes the process for developing declassification guides.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Outcomes: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify policy documents that govern the development of security classification guidance
- Identify the types of security classification guidance
- Identify the classification determination process
- Identify the principles of developing security classification guidance
- Identify the process of developing declassification guidance
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 2 hours
Target Audience: This course is intended for DoD military, civilian, and contractor personnel, with functional knowledge of the DoD Information Security Program, who develop security classification and declassification guidance. Individuals lacking functional knowledge of the DoD Information Security Program should complete the Introduction to Information Security Course IF011.16, or comparable course of study.
Number of students per class: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75 percent on the final exam (IF101.06) allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): In association with IF201.01
- Continuing Education Units (CEU) Per IACET: 0
- Professional Development Units (PDU) per SPēD: 6
Additional System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.