This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course provides a thorough understanding of the DoD and National Industrial Security Program (NISP) policy requirements, best practices, and instructional methods for developing and implementing a security education and training program. After completing this course, you will be familiar with the requirements for security education and training program and will have the knowledge to develop a program at your location.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Outcomes: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify the purpose of a security education and training program
- Identify security education and training policy requirements for DoD and Industry personnel
- Identify key security briefing types and their scope
- Identify strategies for gaining management support for your security education and training program
- Identify the steps involved in establishing a training strategy
- Identify methods for delivering security training
- Identify strategies for motivating individuals to perform their security duties and meet their responsibilities
- Identify key activities involved in maintaining a security education and training program
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 2 hours
Target Audience: DoD civilian, military, and contractor personnel who have responsibility for developing, delivering, and maintaining a security education and training program
Number of students per class: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn a passing score of 75% on the final examination, (GS140.06), in order to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) In association with IS020.CU, IS030.CU, GS101.01, and GS101.10
- Continuing Education Units Per IACET: 0
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: 6
Additional System Requirements: Internet Explorer 6.0, Flash Player 8, Internet bandwidth connection (DSL or better), Display 1024 x 768, Audio (16-bit sound card), Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.