This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course outlines the risk management process: a systematic approach to acquiring and analyzing the information necessary for protecting assets and allocating security resources. It will provide security professionals with an analytical risk management process addressing five steps: Asset Assessment, Threat Assessment, Vulnerability Assessment, Risk Assessment, and Countermeasure Determination.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
This course is designed to enable students to:
- Use a systematic approach to acquiring and analyzing information necessary for protecting assets and allocating security resources
- Recognize the five-step risk management process
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 3 hours
Target Audience: DoD civilian, military and contract personnel
Number of Students per Course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn a passing score of 75 percent on the final (GS102.06) course exam.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) In association with IF201.01, GS101.01, GS101.10, and PY201.01
- Continuing Education Units (CEU) per IACET: 0
- Professional Development Units (PDU) per SPeD: 9
Additional System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.