NITAM – September CDSE Pulse – Upcoming PV Vetting Course Changes and New Security Awareness Games
September 03, 2020
September Is National Insider Threat Awareness Month
This September marks the second annual National Insider Threat Awareness Month (NITAM). During Insider Threat Awareness Month, we emphasize the importance of safeguarding our Nation from the risks posed by insider threats. Past compromises of national security information by insiders have made America less safe by allowing adversaries unauthorized access to information. These actions coupled with incidents of senseless loss of life perpetrated by insiders have highlighted the need for increased awareness and continuous vigilance. The 2020 NITAM theme is “Resilience.” Resilience is an intangible quality that allows some people to face adversity and come back at least as strong as before. Insider Threat programs promote personal and organizational resilience to mitigate risks associated with insider threats.
CDSE developed the following products to support and enhance your organization’s NITAM participation:
September CDSE Pulse
The upcoming CDSE September Pulse security awareness newsletter will focus on the National Insider Threat Awareness Month (NITAM). Sign up for the Pulse to receive the latest CDSE news, updates, and information straight to your inbox or update your current CDSE news subscription by visiting https://www.cdse.edu/news/index.html. You may also view past and future Pulse newsletters in the DCSA Electronic Reading Room.
Upcoming Personnel Vetting Course Changes
The CDSE Personnel Vetting Courses are going through some updates to reflect policy and organizational changes. The following changes will be made September 30:
- Introduction to DoD Personnel Security Adjudication eLearning (PS001.18) course title changed to “Introduction to National Security Adjudication”
- Introduction to National Security Adjudications eLearning (PS170.16) will be deactivated
- Introduction to Personnel Security eLearning (PS113.16) will be updated, but the name will remain the same
- DoD Personnel Security Adjudications Instructor-led Training (PS101.01) course title will change to “Fundamentals of National Security Adjudication”
- DoD Advanced Personnel Security Adjudications Virtual Instructor-led Training (PS301.10) will change to “Advanced National Security Adjudication Course”
To learn more about the Personnel Vetting Courses, visit https://www.cdse.edu/catalog/personnel-security.html
New Personnel Vetting Security Awareness Games
Looking for a way to test your knowledge of Personnel Vetting Reporting Requirements? CDSE has three new security awareness games to help. Choose from a crossword, jeopardy, word search, or try all three! Find these and other security awareness games at https://www.cdse.edu/resources/games.html.