Upcoming Fall 2017 Education Classes and OSD Webinar
May 19, 2017
Registration is Open for Upcoming Tuition Free, CDSE Education Classes!
A New Semester Starts August 21, 2017!
Take charge of your career and join other security professionals throughout the U.S military and Federal Government who are taking advantage of CDSE's advanced and graduate courses. These courses are semester-long and are designed to prepare students for leadership positions and responsibilities. There is limited space available for the fall semester of classes that run from August 21 to December 15, 2017.
These courses enhance analytical thinking and problem solving skills, as well as help students gain critical knowledge about principle concepts and facts that anyone who wants to be a future leader within DoD should know. The courses include reading, researching, and writing assignments similar to a three credit, collegiate-level course. A significant time commitment is required but the commitment will pay off. The courses are online, tuition free, and allow students the flexibility to collaborate with each other and Subject Matter Expert Instructors when they want. All of the courses have received college credit recommendations from the American Council on Education College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT).
Learn more about the classes offered and register for them by accessing the links below:
- Writing and Communication Skills for Security Professionals (CDSE ED 201)
- Security as an Integral Part of DoD Programs (CDSE ED 501)
- Organizational Considerations in Applying Security within the Federal and DoD Bureaucracy (CDSE ED502)
- Constitutional Law and its Application to DoD Security (CDSE ED 503)
- Understanding Adversaries and Threats to the United States and to DoD (CDSE ED504)
- Budgeting and Financial Management for Security Programs (CDSE ED505)
- Managing a DoD Installation Security Program (CDSE ED507)
- Research Methods, Data Analysis, and Reporting to Support DoD Security Programs (CDSE ED508)
- Assessment and Evaluation of DoD Security Programs (CDSE ED509)
- Leadership in DoD Security (CDSE ED511)
- Effective Communication in DoD Security (CDSE ED512)
- Cybersecurity and Oversight of Information System Security (CDSE ED514)
- Statutory, Legal and Regulatory Basis of DoD Security Programs (CDSE ED 601)
If you have any questions, or need additional information, contact the CDSE Education Division at DSS.CDSEeducation@mail.mil .
Sign Up For Next Week’s OSD Functional Community Management Update Webinar
There is still time to join CDSE for the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Functional Community Management Update on May 24! Ms. Brenda Worthington will provide an update on OSD Functional Community Management (FCM) efforts, focusing on activities associated with Civilian Strategic Human Capital Planning, as described in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 250. While the target audience for this update is primarily civilian security professionals (0080/0086), all are welcome. Register today.