DCSA CI MCMO Countermeasures Matrix
Please consider the following questions regarding how you protect your technology, information and personnel over the telephone.
Q1. How do you prepare employees who answer corporate phones listed in promotional literature?
- FSOs should be aware of which offices or individuals in their facility commonly receive telephone calls with purchase requests, requests for business ventures, or for information about the facility or technologies and tailor CI and security briefings to those employees.
Q2. How do you prepare employees who answer telephonic requests for technology or information?
- Ensure employees are aware of the common indicators of an illicit procurement attempt (i.e. lack of end user or end use information, multiple same/similar requests from various entities within a short time, poor use of grammar, etc.).
- Verify the identity of the caller by cross checking with company and/or business directories.
- Do not discuss or reference classified information on an unsecured telephone line.
Q3. How do you prepare employees who answer telephonic solicitations to enter business relationships for goods or services (ie foreign entities seeking to become your overseas distributor, or to supply you with goods or services)?
- Ensure employees are aware how to deal with unsolicited calls and know the correct office to direct inquires related to purchase requests, requests for business ventures, or for information about the facility or technologies.
Click on the individual cells in the matrix for suggested Countermeasures.