DCSA CI MCMO Countermeasures Matrix
Please consider the following questions regarding how you protect your technology, information and personnel from exploitation via personal contact?
Q1. How do you educate employees of solicitation/elicitation techniques?
- Brief employees on common indicators of solicitation/elicitation.
- Brief employees on how to deflect solicitation/elicitation attempts.
- Brief employees on what information is protected and what information is authorized for public release.
- Instruct employees to report requests for proprietary, export controlled, or sensitive information.
- Instruct employees to direct questions to the facility's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) web page.
Q2. How do you educate employees to recognize and report potential espionage indicators in co-workers?
- Brief employees on potential espionage indicators and how to report questionable activities by co-workers.
Q3. How do you educate employees on the risks of providing information on publically accessible websites, including social and professional networking sites and company websites?
- Brief employees on what information should not be posted on job or networking sites (i.e. not advertising clearance/access information; not directly associating with specific military programs/technologies, etc.).
Q4. How do you restrict unauthorized access to your facilities?
- Facility has effective entry control procedures.
- Facility has effective surveillance, guards, and physical security.
Q5. How do you prepare employees for foreign travel?
- Travel with sanitized laptop / electronic devices.
- Conduct pre and post scans of electronic devices.
- If possible, avoid using foreign provided lockboxes for electronic devices.
- Recommend traveling and staying developed urban locations close to major thoroughfares.
- When feasible travel in pairs.
- Travel via major thoroughfares.
- Avoid taking pictures of police or government personnel and/or buildings.
Click on the individual cells in the matrix for suggested Countermeasures.