DSS CI Countermeasures Matrix
The technology and information resident in U.S. cleared industry is under constant and pervasive threat from foreign intelligence entities seeking to gain the technological edge. Increased awareness of the targeted information and methods of operation used by foreign entities is critical to improving our ability to identify and thwart collection attempts.
This is a learning tool to provide examples of countermeasures, but is not all-inclusive.
View Targeting U.S. Technologies 2017: A Trend Analysis of Cleared Industry Reporting for an analysis of suspicious contact reports received from cleared industry in fiscal year 2016.
- Best Practices for Keeping Your Home Network Secure (September 2016)
- CI Awareness Toolkit
- Counterintelligence: Best Practices for Cleared Industry (September 2017)
- DSS Counterintelligence Handouts
- Foreign Collection Methods: Indicators and Countermeasures
- Industrial Base Technology List
- Protecting Personal Information
- Targeting U.S. Technologies 2017: A Trend Analysis of Cleared Industry Reporting