Frequently Asked Questions
- When I submit the answers to my exam, the submission process freezes or stops working.
- Can I stop in the middle of an online exam and return later to finish it?
- I don't see a score for the online exam I just took.
- I have completed a course and am trying to launch the exam but I keep getting an error message that I have not met the prerequisites.
- What should I do if the exam scored my answer incorrectly?
- I have exceeded the number of times allowed to take the exam for a particular course. I retook the course but the system will not allow me to reregister for the test.
- Why can't I register for a particular exam?
- I am having difficulty accessing an exam.
- I attempt to launch an exam and receive an "Access denied – unable to proceed due to improper call of perception".
- I attempt to launch an exam and receive a "Perception Server error – cannot process your request at present".
I am having difficulty accessing an exam.
If you cannot locate your exam in STEPP and you know the course code (e.g. GS104.16), try searching for the same course code but with a .06 extension (e.g. GS104.06). Most exams in STEPP follow this standard.
If you registered for an exam yet are unable to launch it or if you are receiving a certificate error in your browser, download the DoD Certificate .
If you are able to launch the exam but receive a Perception Error message, please review our Perception Error Document .
If you cannot resolve the issue, please submit a web form describing the difficulties you are facing.