Frequently Asked Questions
Unity 3D Plug-in Technical Issues/Error Messages
- How do I ensure the Unity Web Play Plugin is installed?
- How do I ensure the Unity Web Player plugin is enabled/activated in the browser?
- How do I test that the Unity Web Player plugin is working?
- I checked my Unity Web Player plugin and still cannot launch the Capstone Exercise.
- Blank screen or error displays when attempting the Capstone Exercise portion.
I checked my Unity Web Player plugin and still cannot launch the Capstone Exercise.
- Reinstall the plugin
- Close all browsers
- Use Control Panel > Programs and Features to uninstall the Unity Web Player
- Reboot your machine
- Download a new copy of the latest Web Player plugin from: https://unity3d.com/webplayer
- Again close all browsers
- Run the Web Player installer
- Request re-registration for the activity from the CDSE Registrar's Office, Exterior Security Lighting (PY109.06) or SCIF Physical Security Virtual (SCI103.06)
- You may attempt launching the Capstone Exercise from a non-work computer
- You may attempt launching the Capstone Exercise using an older Unity Web Player plugin version. [Note that 4.3.5f1 is verified to work]
- You may notify firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance if attempting to complete the course in a curriculum to enroll in an instructor-led training (ILT) class. You should provide confirmation of your attempts to troubleshoot and resolve.
- Further reading on Troubleshooting the Unity Web Player plugin