Frequently Asked Questions
STEPP Technical Issues/Error Messages
- I hear audio but don't see course content.
- What do I do if a page/screen within a course appears blank?
- What do I do if Internet Explorer cannot display the STEPP website?
- What do I do if, when trying to launch a PDF, the message 'page cannot be displayed' appears on my screen?
- My screen says, "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page."
- My screen says, "Alternate Content."
- Why can't I launch a course?
- Why isn't the website displayed/working correctly?
- What do I do if I get "kicked out" of Internet Explorer or if I get a popup window with a little red "x" in it?
- What do I do if I receive a certificate error message?
- What do I do if I get a blank page?
- What do I do if I get a loading error message?
- What do I do if my course is still "In-Progress" and won't complete?
What do I do if, when trying to launch a PDF, the message 'page cannot be displayed' appears on my screen?
- Press ALT+T on your keyboard to open Tools
and select Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab, scroll to the very bottom,
and ensure all Use TLS 1.X options are checked. If
the TLS options are not checked, check off each one and select Apply.
If this does not solve your issue, try the following:
- Select the Start menu.
- Select Run.
- Type "cmd" and hit OK.
- In the black box that appears, type "ipconfig /flushdns" (space between "ipconfig" and "/"), then hit Enter. It is successful if it says "Successfully Flushed the DNS Resolver Cache."
If you continue experiencing technical difficulties, please contact the Registrar.