Frequently Asked Questions
Testing & Assessments
- What is Pearson VUE?
- When can I start taking a SPēD Certification assessment at a commercial testing facility?
- It's been more than 15 days. Why haven't I been approved to test yet?
- My Request for Authorization to Test form was approved. Now what?
- It looks as though my form was rejected, what does that mean?
- It looks as though my request to test was denied, what does that mean?
- How do I prepare for an assessment?
- Are there any test-taking tips I should employ?
- How do I cancel or reschedule my assessment?
- How do I find out the result of my assessment?
- What is a "cut score"?
- Does CDSE in Linthicum still deliver assessments?
- Will there still be large-scale public testing events at security conferences?
What is Pearson VUE?
The Defense Security Service (DSS) Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) has partnered with Pearson VUE to deliver SPēD Certification assessments through their comprehensive and secure network at over 900 sites worldwide, including many DoD bases. Pearson VUE provides DSS the capability to offer SPēD Certification Assessments at dates, times, and locations convenient for candidates.