Frequently Asked Questions
STEPP & My SPēD Certification
- What is My SPēD Certification and why do I need this account?
- What is the My SPēD Certification website address?
- Do I still have to maintain my DSS STEPP account?
- If I update my STEPP account, is my My SPēD Certification account updated (and vice versa)?
- Some of the information on My SPēD Certification account is incorrect. What do I do?
- It's been more than 72 hours since I updated my information in STEPP, and the updates haven't transferred to My SPēD Certification. What do I do?
- What if I forget my password in STEPP?
- Who do I contact for help with my STEPP username and password?
- Who do I contact to reset my My SPēD Certification account password?
- What do I do if my STEPP account is disabled and needs to be reset?
- What if I changed my password but can't log in with it?
- I'm trying to access My SPēD Certification, but the screen says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." What do I do?
- Why can't I get past the My SPēD Certification login screen once I've entered my login and password?
- How do I find my personal information on My SPēD Certification?
I'm trying to access My SPēD Certification, but the screen says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." What do I do?
- In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced.
- Under Security, check the TLS 1.0 security setting checkbox.
- Close and relaunch your browser.
If this does not solve your issue, try the following:
- Select the Start menu.
- Select Run.
- Type "cmd" and hit OK.
- In the black box that appears, type "ipconfig /flushdns" (space between "ipconfig" and "/"), then hit Enter. It is successful if it says "Successfully Flushed the DNS Resolver Cache."
If you continue experiencing technical difficulties, or if you still need assistance, contact your IT support.