Frequently Asked Questions
- What is SPēD Certification Maintenance?
- How do I maintain my certification(s)?
- What happens if I fail to maintain my certification(s)?
- My certification expired. How do I get it back?
- What is a professional development unit (PDU)? What counts as a PDU?
- How long do I have to complete my certification maintenance?
- Can I get an extension to complete my certification maintenance?
- What is a certification renewal form (CRF)? Where do I find the CRF?
- What happens after I submit my certification renewal form (CRF)?
- Why do I need to maintain my certification(s), anyway?
What is a certification renewal form (CRF)? Where do I find the CRF?
The certification renewal form (CRF) is used to record your professional development activities. In order to maintain and renew your certification(s), you must complete 100 professional development units (PDUs) during your maintenance and renewal cycle and record those PDUs in a CRF before your cycle expires.
To find your CRF:
- Log in to your MSC account (https://i7lp.integral7.com/dss ).
- On the left navigation bar, click "Complete a Form."
- Under the New Forms tab, select the CRF available to you.
- Enter your professional development activities into each applicable category.
- You may save and return to your CRF at any time during the process.
- Submit the form when you reach 100 PDUs.
A CRF will not appear in your MSC account unless you are conferred a certification and you are in your current certification maintenance and renewal cycle.