Frequently Asked Questions
- Will CDSE still distribute certificates and lapel pins?
- When do I receive my certificate?
- Why am I releasing my Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) files to DSS?
- How do I designate my SPēD credential?
- What about other certifications? Will the SPēD Certification Program recognize them?
- Who do I contact if I have a question regarding the SPēD Certification Program?
What about other certifications? Will the SPēD Certification Program recognize them?
The SPēD Certification Program does not recognize equivalents and cannot confer SPēD certification(s) based on other credentials achieved by an individual. Each SPēD certification is or will be nationally accredited by an external accreditation organization. The standards for certification program accreditation prevent equivalencies and grandfathering except in narrow and predefined scenarios.
For certification renewal, the SPēD Program Office may recognize other credentials and professional development events as Professional Development Units (PDUs).