Frequently Asked Questions
- Will CDSE still distribute certificates and lapel pins?
- When do I receive my certificate?
- Why am I releasing my Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) files to DSS?
- How do I designate my SPēD credential?
- What about other certifications? Will the SPēD Certification Program recognize them?
- Who do I contact if I have a question regarding the SPēD Certification Program?
Why am I releasing my Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) files to DSS?
The DSS CDSE SPēD Certification Branch, in coordination with the Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS), is officially updating DoD civilian personnel records to reflect certification conferrals. DMDC currently houses the credential records for DoD civilians. To release (and upload) records from DMDC to the DCPDS, you must first authorize the release of these records.