Frequently Asked Questions
- On what grounds may I appeal?
- Within what timeframe must I submit an appeal?
- How do I submit an appeal?
- What happens after I submit an appeal?
- May I appeal a Certification Appeals Board decision?
- I was certain I passed the certification assessment, but the assessment results show I did not pass. How can I have that verified?
What happens after I submit an appeal?
The DoD SPēD Certification PMO conducts a preliminary review of all appeals within 15 duty days of receipt to ensure the appeal is timely, contains all required and pertinent information, and is based on allowable grounds. Allowable appeals are forwarded to the Certification Appeals Board for a decision on the appeal.
- If your appeal is not received within the 90-day window, does not contain all required and pertinent information, or is not based on allowable grounds, your appeal will be rejected without referral to the Certification Appeals Board, and you and your Component SPēD Certification Program POC will be notified in writing of the rejection.
- If your appeal package is rejected because it does not contain all required and pertinent information and you are still within your 90-day window, you may resubmit your package with the required and pertinent information.
Certification Appeals Board decisions are made by majority vote. The Certification Appeals Board provides its decision to you, the DoD SPēD Certification PMO, and your Component SPēD Certification Program POC. The Certification Appeals Board is the final decision authority, and there are no further appeals.