Certification Frequently Asked Questions
Digital Credentials FAQs
- What is a digital credential?
- When will I receive my digital badge?
- How can I accept my digital badge?
- How can I share my digital badge?
- How can I purchase a printed version of my SPēD certificate?
- Who do I contact if I am experiencing issues regarding my Acclaim account?
What is a digital credential?
Digital credentials, also referred to as digital badges, are electronic representations of a certification or credential, traditionally acknowledged with a paper certificate. Digital credentials are awarded to individuals as proof the certificant has been conferred a SPēD certification or credential.
When will I receive my digital badge?
You will receive a digital badge within 48 duty hours after successfully passing and being conferred a SPēD certification. Your digital credentials will be provided through Credly’s Acclaim platform.
How can I accept my digital badge?
After successfully passing and being conferred a SPēD certification you will receive an email from Acclaim giving you access to your newly earned digital badge. Click the Accept button below the badge icon and you will be redirected to the Acclaim login page. Log in or create your Acclaim account to claim your digital badge. Once you claim your digital badge, you will have the option to make it viewable to the public or keep it private.
How can I share my digital badge?
Once you have accepted and claimed your digital badge, you will be redirected to the Share Badge screen. From here you can share your digital badge from Acclaim to your social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and via email. You can also download the badge visual, download a free printable version of your badge, and embed your digital badge on a personal website.
How can I purchase a printed version of my SPēD certificate?
Note: Effective June 1, 2020, the SPēD Certification PMO will no longer mail certificates and lapel pins.
You have the option to print your SPēD certification certificate for purchase through American Registry, a third-party vendor.
- Log in to your Acclaim account.
- After you receive a digital badge on the Acclaim platform, click the Recommendation’s link on your digital badge metadata page.
- You will be redirected to the American Registry login page. From this page, select which digital badge you would like to purchase a printed certificate for.
- After your first visit to the American Registry website, you will be given a unique URL to directly order future earned badges. All future earned badges can be ordered using this unique URL or following the above steps again.
Who do I contact if I am experiencing issues regarding my Acclaim account?
If at any time you have further questions or are experiencing issues with your Acclaim account, access the Acclaim support forum